Sunday, March 29, 2009

Husbands... Gotta Love Em'

So on Friday evening, my beloved husband says to me over dinner "Hey honey, can you do me a favor?" As much as I love my husband, for some reason, those words always make me cringe because a simple favor request from him could potentially have me moving mountains! Reluctantly I say "sure honey, what is it?" and he says "well, I have these clients that are really important to me and their daughter is turning 1 year old tomorrow, we were invited to the party, but since we have to go to the school carnival, I thought you could just "whip" up a gift and we could drop it by on the way."

Now, let it be known, that it is dinner time Friday night, my son's school carnival starts at 10:00 AM the next day, which by the way, I am also volunteering at his class booth, I still have to clear the table, wash the dinner dishes, wash the kids, read a bedtime story, be read a bedtime story (my son is reading on his own and now likes to read me bedtime stories- he claims he's paying me back for all the times I read to him), help brush teeth (being sure to use the "Cool Agent Blue"), make sure both kids have gone potty, tuck each one into bed while pretending to make stuff animals talk, do good night hugs and kisses, start the laundry for the upcoming week, clean up all the toys, etc. that the kids somehow "forgot" to pick up before dinner and yet, he wants me to "whip" up a gift in time to drop it by the client's house and still get to the carnival by 9:45 in the morning! Just to humor him I say "well, what did you have in mind?" His reply: "Oh, I don't know. I thought maybe a tutu and a matching onesie with her monogram and maybe one of those cute little appliques you like to do, something like that." Did I mention that I really DO love my husband...even in times like these!
Well, needless to say, I didn't want to disappoint, so I quickly began moving those mountains and this is what I came up with- just in the nick of time! Hope you like it...

1 comment:

chanbop said...

kerri - i was absolutely floored by the gift you "whipped" up for milly. when K told me that he was going to ask you to make something for milly, i had could not have imagined what caliber gift it was going to be. needless to say that when i opened the gift bag, i was overwhelmed by the attention and detail paid to her petti skirt and the monogrammed onesie. it means so much to us and i will definitely be purchasing items from you as gifts for other mommies and their darling babies. you are incredibly talented and certainly a supermom for all that you do. K raves about you all the time and after visiting your website, i can absolutely understand why!! i hope to be half as creative a mommy to milly as you are to kassidy, someday. thank you from the bottom of my heart! -jane.